We are looking for a new chair for Healthwatch Northamptonshire’s Advisory Board. Find out more about the role.
The Healthwatch Northamptonshire Advisory Board is a statutory body established under the Health and Social Care Act 2012. The Advisory Board Chair will be responsible for carrying out and contributing to a range of activities.
It is expected that the Chair will commit at least one day per week to the role for a modest honorarium of £5,200 per annum plus reasonable expenses.
The Chair will work with staff to:
- Regularly review the overall strategy and business plan for the delivery of the Healthwatch Northamptonshire contract, agreeing changes where necessary, and be accountable to Connected Together CIC Board (the Contract Holder) for the performance of the Advisory Board in delivering the Healthwatch Northamptonshire contract.
- Ensure, as far as is possible, that the Healthwatch Northamptonshire Advisory Board functions effectively to deliver its strategy and plan, including chairing meetings of the Advisory Board, managing the appointment of members and using individual skills, knowledge and experience to assist the Advisory Board in reaching sound decisions.
- Help determine the strategic direction and work plan for the Advisory Board, working with staff to support the efficient allocation and administering of resources to perform its functions effectively.
- Ensure that the organisation, operations and practices of the Advisory Board are transparent and accountable as is reasonably possible, and that the Advisory Board seeks out and engages with members of the public, service users and carers, including minority groups, to gain their views on health and social care issues.
- Attend meetings with a variety of health and social care commissioners to represent public views as gathered through outreach work and ensure representation at fora, committees and sub-committees with a variety of stakeholders (including user-groups and partners) where these will help the Advisory Board to deliver on its aims.
- Assess a range of projects, research, and reports that will help the Advisory Board fulfil its role.
- Please read the full role description below.
What we are looking for:
- Someone with previous experience of chairing a high-profile organisation and working at a strategic level.
- Someone with strong networking abilities and experience of community engagement and/or development.
- Knowledge and understanding of involvement, empowerment, engagement, community development and its applications.
- Strong organisational and time management skills, IT skills, good written and oral communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of people and experience of working with volunteers, while being inclusive of and sensitive to the views and opinions of others.
- Able to develop and maintain strong relationships with stakeholders, staff and the wider community, with a sense of civic duty.
- A flexible, creative and solution-focused approach, tact, diplomacy and problem-solving skills, and the ability to respect confidentiality.
- Ideally, you will also have knowledge and experience in the public and patient involvement mechanisms and history and an understanding of Health and Social Care services and structures.
If you are interested in becoming Chair, please read the role description and download the application form below.
The closing date for applications will be Wednesday 30 June.
If you would like to discuss the role before applying or any additional information please email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone: 0300 002 0010 and leave your contact details with a member of staff.
Applications by email are preferred but please contact us if you require a copy of the form posted to you.