This year has been a very difficult one for everybody. While Healthwatch could not visit health and social care premises, they were still able to investigate the impact of the pandemic on people’s access to the services that matter to them most.
Highlights of 2020-21 included:
- A closer look at young people’s emotional wellbeing and what would support them
- Championing people’s experiences and needs during the coronavirus pandemic
- Supporting good communication, information, oversight and engagement in response to COVID-19
- Seeking out and representing people’s views and concerns about the centralisation of acute and maternity services
- Helping people to find answers and escalating concerns such as delayed access to dementia assessment