Northamptonshire Health and Care Partnership (NHFT) have asked us to make a pledge called #mywellbeingpledge to take steps for ourselves and for others to look at out mental health, just as much our physical health. Small improvements in wellbeing can help decrease and prevent some mental health problems by taking opportunities to:
- Connect with the people around me
- Be active in a way that suits me and that I enjoy
- Take notice and be mindful of my surroundings
- Keep learning new skills and developing myself
- Give what I can whether it is my time or simply a random act of kindness
These are known as the 5 ways to wellbeing. As we make our pledge we are asked to look at the changes we can make to look after our own mental wellbeing and the mental wellbeing of others.
To uphold our pledge, we will encourage each other to be more active and to take time to focus on their own wellbeing and to look out for each other. We will continue to let people work flexibly to help them balance work and home life. And we will all make each other tea!
This pledge allows us to all think about mental health and how different teams in Northamptonshire can support eachother.